Choose from any of our fashion forward door, wood and stain combinations, or from one of the latest selections in our paint palette. We can also provide an endless array of custom finishes or specialty woods to satisfy the most discerning of homeowners.
With a vision for beauty and a passion for excellence, Plato is the intelligent choice for fine custom cabinetry. Your authorized Plato dealer can assist you with your design needs.
Plato’s “A la Carte” door program gives you the tools to create a door to truly reflect your taste. Select from almost a dozen raised insert panels, or choose a flat or beaded panel. In most cases, the style of drawer is in your hands, too!
All of this is possible because we build our doors. This allows us to also maintain the highest quality standards on both the wood selection and overall construction of the door. Sounds simple, but you might be surprised how often that is not the case. Feel free to browse the following selection of our standard door styles.Inset
A fine, straight grained wood species with a uniform color from light tan to reddish brown. Takes stain well and is a species that is easy to distress creating many design opportunities for the homeowner.
Same as above, but selected for a higher concentration of knots and other naturally occurring ‘character’ features to create a more rustic look.
A fine textured hardwood with a prominent figure and a beautiful, warm pink color. Cherry may have occassional natural features such as pecks, small pitch pockets and mineral streaks all of which contribute to the uniqueness of this species. Cherry ages gracefully, acquiring a rich patina that continues to darken over time further enhancing its beauty and warmth.
“Character Cherry” is a signature look created by Plato. It is achieved by combining cherry that has been selected for a higher concentration of mineral streaks, knots, and other naturally occurring ‘character’ specially packaged together with our Character Distress wood effect to create a beautifully rustic and time worn appearance.
A strong, fine textured hardwood which has a subtle grain figure. The color tends to be a light, creamy tan. Maple is known as one of the heavier and denser woods available and is very sturdy. Maple has some naturally occuring features such as an occassional mineral streak, to the more spectacular birds-eye, burl, fiddleback or quilting.
Quartersawn White Oak
Heartwood is light brown; some boards may have a pinkish tint or a slight grayish cast. Sapwood is white to cream. The grain of this hardwood is open, with longer rays than red oak. Figuring due to pronounced rays, interlocked and wavy grain are brought out more conspicuously than red oak.
A highly desirable, finely grained hardwood with dark tan to brown heartwood and creamy white sapwood. Walnut generally has fairly straight grain but produces more types of figures than any other wood. It darkens with age and exposure to light though more slowly than cherry.
The same characteristics as Walnut but is selected for a higher concentration of burl and other naturally occurring character features to create a more rustic appearance. Many of the knots are cracked with prominent burling or grain variation surrounding them.
Plato is known for the quality and beauty of their painted finishes. Every coat is precisely applied over top grade hardwoods, hand-sanded between coats and oven-baked for a satin-smoth, furniture finish that will retain its beauty for years to come.
- Like fine furniture, Plato Personalized Custom™ is assembled prior to finishing which allows the most furniture like preparation of joints and surfaces.
- Cabinets then proceed through Plato’s proprietary finish process where stain or paint is applied by our seasoned craftsmen. The result is an authentic, bespoke custom finish.
- We use a catalyzed conversion varnish, the most durable, non-yellowing topcoat available today.
- Choose from a beautiful array of standard paints, stains and glazes that reflect today’s fashions.
- Have something truly unique in mind? Trust our finish experts to develop a special, one of a kind finish to achieve your desired look.
Cherry / Character Cherry Finishes
Quarter Sawn / Rift Sawn White Oak Finishes
Walnut / Country Walnut Finishes
- Face frames are made of solid wood and specially sized to give the greatest access in framed cabinetry. This is a key feature and also gives you the most refined look available for inset cabinetry in the industry.
- Cabinets are constructed of only the highest quality materials available.
- Interiors are natural maple veneer.
- Plato makes it’s own heavy duty solid clear maple dovetail drawers featuring the latest full extension, undermount, soft close technology as standard.
- Doors are built by Plato and feature concealed, soft close hinges or traditional exposed hinges in your choice of style and finish.
- All of Plato’s standard construction materials have no added formaldehyde and are CARB II compliant.