Maintaining your budget shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing quality or design. Prelude cabinetry uses the same exceptional standards in wood selection and finish quality as our custom line. In fact, you can combine specialty pieces from our custom line in perfect harmony within your Prelude kitchen to create a beautiful custom quality kitchen at an exceptional price.
A fine, straight grained wood species with a uniform color from light tan to reddish brown. Takes stain well and is a species that is easy to distress creating many design opportunities for the homeowner.
Same as above, but selected for a higher concentration of knots and other naturally occurring ‘character’ features to create a more rustic look.
A fine textured hardwood with a prominent figure and a beautiful, warm pink color. Cherry may have occassional natural features such as pecks, small pitch pockets and mineral streaks all of which contribute to the uniqueness of this species. Cherry ages gracefully, acquiring a rich patina that continues to darken over time further enhancing its beauty and warmth.
“Character Cherry” is a signature look created by Plato. It is achieved by combining cherry that has been selected for a higher concentration of mineral streaks, knots, and other naturally occurring ‘character’ specially packaged together with our Character Distress wood effect to create a beautifully rustic and time worn appearance.
A strong, fine textured hardwood which has a subtle grain figure. The color tends to be a light, creamy tan. Maple is known as one of the heavier and denser woods available and is very sturdy. Maple has some naturally occuring features such as an occassional mineral streak, to the more spectacular birds-eye, burl, fiddleback or quilting.
Quartersawn White Oak
Heartwood is light brown; some boards may have a pinkish tint or a slight grayish cast. Sapwood is white to cream. The grain of this hardwood is open, with longer rays than red oak. Figuring due to pronounced rays, interlocked and wavy grain are brought out more conspicuously than red oak.
Plato is known for the quality and beauty of their painted finishes. Every coat is precisely applied over top grade hardwoods, hand-sanded between coats and oven-baked for a satin-smoth, furniture finish that will retain its beauty for years to come.
- Prelude cabinetry receives the same quality finish as our Personalized Custom™ cabinetry, so you can seamlessly blend any custom cabinets you may need into your design, and be confident that your cabinetry will be as beautiful in the coming years as it is today.
- Only our premium topcoat of catalyzed conversion varnish is used, in your choice of two sheens.
- Choose from a palette created from our most popular paints, stains and glazes.
- Cabinets are constructed of only the highest quality materials available.
- Interiors are top grade natural maple melamine.
- Heavy duty 5/8” solid clear maple dovetail drawers featuring Blum’s latest full extension, undermount, soft close technology standard, with fully captured 3/8” bottom.
- All doors are built by Plato and are constructed with the same attention to quality and detail as our custom doors. All doors have concealed, integrated soft close at no extra cost.
- All of Prelude’s construction materials have no added formaldehyde (NAUF) and are CARB II compliant.
- A catalyzed conversion varnish in your choice of two sheens is standard.